- 2 cups cooked red beans
- 1 medium sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 cup red and orange peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic herb spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- virgin coconut oil or olive oil for cooking
- extra brown rice flour for breading
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet, add mushrooms, celery and peppers; sautee for 2 minutes.
- In a food processor, chop cooked red beans and sauteed mushrooms and veggies; add egg, flaxseed, brown rice flour
salt and spices, mix well and move the burger mixture to a medium bowl.
- Make burger patties and cover both sides with brown rice flour.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large skillet and cook burgers for about 3 minutes per side, until golden brown.
Repeat with the remaining burgers. Serve with plain greek yogurt or ranch dressing. Makes total of 10 burgers.
Recipe posted 1.1.2014 HomeCookNaturally.com