CREAMY TOMATO SAUCE
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion or shallot
- 2 tablespoons chopped green parsley
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour , for breading
- salt and pepper to taste
- canola or safflower oil for cooking
- Creamy Tomato Sauce:
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large bowl, mix turkey, cooked brown rice, egg, chopped onion,
green parsley, salt and pepper. Make burger patties and dip into
brown rice flour until completely covered.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet; place burgers and cook for
5 minutes on each side. Makes 6 burgers.
- Creamy tomato sauce
Put tomatoes into a boiling water for 1 minute, remove, put aside to cool,
peel and thinly slice or chop. In a blender, mix water, sour cream and
1 tablespoon of brown rice flour.
Saute onion in 2 tablespoons of canola oil for 2 minutes, do not brown.
Add remaining 2 tablespoons of flour, mix with onion and cook for 1 minute
on low, stirring frequently. Add tomatoes, blended cream mixture and
mix in shredded cheddar cheese. Cook on low for 1 minute. Pour sauce
over warm burgers.
- Serve with cooked asparagus and spaghetti squash.
Recipe posted 5.6.2013