EGG-HAM AND CHEESE WRAP
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 slices natural ham
- 4 six-inch omelets (1 egg per omelet)
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided into 4 parts
- extra oil for cooking
- In a blender, mix first 6 ingredients until smooth.
(Pour liquids first, then add flour.)
- Heat a nonstick, lightly oiled 7 inch skillet over a medium heat.
(Use about 1/2 teaspoon of oil, spread with a pastry brush).
Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the skillet and tilt to spread batter
evenly. Cook for 1-2 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining
batter. Makes 4 wraps.
- Place slice of ham on each wrap.
- Prepare omelets one at a time. Top each omelet with cheese
and cook on low until cheese is melted. Place omelet over
ham and roll into a wrap.
Recipe posted 5.5.2013