- 1 cup quinoa flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup natural raw sugar or coconut palm sugar
- 3 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, at room temperature
or canola oil
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 medium size carrots, peeled and finely grated
- 2 tablespoons orange zest, grated
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 1/2 cup golden raisins, chopped
- topping - 1/4 cup cream cheese, 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt,
2 tablespoons raw honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, yogurt, sugar and coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa flour, flaxseed meal, baking powder,
spices and salt. Add liquid ingredients to flour and mix well.
Fold in grated carrots, orange zest, raisins and ground walnuts.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of batter per cookie on a lightly oiled baking
cookie sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes. Makes 1 dozen cookies.
- For toping, mix cream cheese, yogurt and honey; garnish with walnuts.
Recipe posted 5.7.2013