- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 larger Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup tablespoons apricot jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, beat egg, 1 tablespoon of sugar, vanilla and oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix quick oats, oat flour and flaxseed meal.
Combine liquid ingredients with flour mixture. Use your hands
or a small food processor.
- Put dough into 8x8 inch glass baking pan and press down to
form even crust. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Put sliced apples with 1/4 cup water and 1 tablespoon of sugar
into a nonstick pan, cover and simmer on low for 15-20 minutes,
checking and stirring to prevent burning, add water if necessary.
Remove apples from the pan and drain the liquid.
- Remove baked crust from the oven and spread apricot jam over
the crust using a pastry brush; top with cooked apples and
sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar. Continue baking
for 15 more minutes. Cool for 30 minutes before cutting.
Recipe posted 9.4.2013